Veritas NetBackup™ AdvancedDisk Storage Solutions Guide
- Introducing AdvancedDisk
- Licensing AdvancedDisk
- Configuring AdvancedDisk
- Configuring key management for NetBackup AdvancedDisk storage encryption
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk storage server
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk disk pool
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk storage unit
- Creating a storage lifecycle policy
- Managing AdvancedDisk
- Managing AdvancedDisk storage servers
- Managing AdvancedDisk disk pools
- Displaying detailed AdvancedDisk storage usage information
- Toubleshooting AdvancedDisk
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
Creating a storage lifecycle policy
A storage lifecycle policy (SLP) is a storage plan for a set of backups. The operations in an SLP are the backup instructions for the data. Use the following procedure to create an SLP that contains multiple storage operations.
To add a storage operation to a storage lifecycle policy
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, select NetBackup Management > Storage > Storage Lifecycle Policies.
- Click Actions > New > New Storage Lifecycle Policy (Windows) or Actions > New > Storage Lifecycle Policy (UNIX).
- In the New Storage Lifecycle Policy dialog box, enter a Storage lifecycle policy name.
- Add one or more operations to the SLP. The operations are the instructions for the SLP to follow and apply to the data that is specified in the backup policy.
If this is the first operation added to the SLP, click Add.
If this is not the first operation in the SLP, add an operation that is either hierarchical or non-hierarchical:
To create a hierarchical operation, select an operation to become the source of the next operation. Click Add. The new operation is a child of the selected operation. The child is indented under the parent operation.
To create a non-hierarchical operation, do not select an operation. A non-hierarchical operation means that the operation does not have a parent and child relationship with another operation. The new operation is not indented.
- In the Properties tab of the New Storage Operation dialog box, select an Operation type. If you're creating a child operation, the SLP displays only those operations that are valid based on the parent operation that you've selected.
The name of the operation reflects its purpose in the SLP:
- Configure the properties for the operation.
- The Window tab displays for the following operation types: Backup From Snapshot, Duplication, Import, Index From Snapshot, and Replication. If you'd like to control when the secondary operation runs, create a window for the operation.
- Click the Advanced button in the Properties tab to display options about how the window should behave if the window closes and a secondary operation is not yet complete.
- Click OK to create the operation.
- Add additional operations to the SLP as needed. (See step 4.)
- Change the hierarchy of the operations in the SLP if necessary.
- Click OK to create the SLP. NetBackup validates the SLP when it is first created and whenever it is changed.
- Configure a backup policy and select a storage lifecycle policy as the Policy storage.