VCS-411: Administration of Veritas eDiscovery Platform 8.0 for Administrators
Although each product varies in complexity and depth of technical knowledge, all certification exams, targeting customers in a user or administrative role, cover core elements measuring technical knowledge against factors such as legal hold management, collection management, system configuration, distributed architecture, case creation and management, source set up, discovery, processing, filters, analytics, advanced searching, concept searching, tags, folders, user management, reviewing, exporting, and producing.
The certified administrator will demonstrate an understanding of the demonstration of Veritas eDiscovery Platform functionality, as well as managing the workflow in Veritas eDiscovery Platform 8.0. Also for performing all aspects of Legal Holds, creating and using Tags and Folders, searching, filtering, analyzing, reviewing, redacting, exporting and producing Electronically Stored Information (ESI). They will also demonstrate an understanding of installation, configuration, deployment, administration, management, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Veritas eDiscovery 8.0 Platform. This understanding serves as a basis of knowledge for proactively managing Veritas eDiscovery 8.0 in an enterprise environment to improve a company’s ability to manage the electronic discovery workflow following part or all of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM). This includes: Information Management, Identification, Preservation, Collection, Processing, Review, Analysis, Production, and Presentation.
Passing this exam will result in a Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) certification and counts towards the requirements for a Veritas Certified Professional (VCP) certification in Archiving and eDiscovery.
# of Questions: 75 - 85
Exam Duration: 105 minutes
Passing Score: 69%
Exam Price: $225 USD (or your country’s currency equivalent)
- Veritas eDiscovery Platform 8.x: For Administrators
- Veritas eDiscovery Platform 8.x: Implementation
Note: If you do not have prior experience with this product, it is recommended that you complete an in-person, classroom training or Virtual Academy virtual classroom training class in preparation for the VCS exam. Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Recommended preparation steps:
- Exam Objectives (PDF): Download and review exam objectives to understand the scope of topics covered in the certification exam.
- Attend recommended training classes listed above.
- Study Guide (PDF): Review the study guide, which maps key lessons and topics from the associated training course(s) to the exam objectives of the certification exam.
- Gain hands-on experience with the product. Three to six months experience working with Veritas eDiscovery Platform 8.0 in a production or lab environment is recommended.
- Sample Exam (PDF): Test yourself and your exam-taking skills using the sample exam
In addition, you should be familiar with the following supporting products, skills, technologies, product documentation, and websites:
- Ability to perform administrative tasks for and/or familiarity with standard backup and availability concepts
- Legal Hold Reference Guide
- Legal Hold User Guide
- Reviewer's QuickStart Guide
- Tag Sets Reference Card
- User Guide
- Case Administration Guide
- Review and Redaction Reference Card
- Production Reference Card
- Export and Production Guide
- UI Navigation Reference Card
- Audio Search Guide
- Transparent Predictive Coding User Guide
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Audio Search Reference Card
- Installation Guide
- Upgrade Overview Guide
- Upgrade Guide
- Sub-Node Installation Guide
- Utility Node Guide
- Native Viewer Installation Guide
- Distributed Architecture Deployment Guide
- Administrators QuickStart Guide
- Identification and Collection Guide
- Collection Reference Card
- OnSite Collection Reference Card
- System Administration Guide
- Audio Search Processing Reference
- Symantec QuickStart Guide
- Load File Important Guide
- Rights Management Guide
- User Rights Management Reference Card
- IGC Administration Reference Card
- eDiscovery Support Page
- About eDiscovery
- Veritas Communities
To register for an exam, follow these instructions.
Email Certification Team