Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ AdvancedDisk Storage Solutions Guide
Last Published: 2018-02-16
Product(s): NetBackup (188.8.131.52, 8.3, 8.2, 8.1.1, 8.1)
- Introducing AdvancedDisk
- Licensing AdvancedDisk
- Configuring AdvancedDisk
- Configuring key management for NetBackup AdvancedDisk storage encryption
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk storage server
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk disk pool
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk storage unit
- Creating a storage lifecycle policy
- Managing AdvancedDisk
- Managing AdvancedDisk storage servers
- Managing AdvancedDisk disk pools
- Displaying detailed AdvancedDisk storage usage information
- Toubleshooting AdvancedDisk
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
About the AdvancedDisk storage option
The NetBackup AdvancedDisk storage option lets you use the disk storage that is exposed to NetBackup as a file system for backups. Storage can be direct attached storage (DAS), network attached storage (NAS), or storage area network (SAN) storage.
NetBackup requires exclusive access to the storage for capacity management and load balancing.
Table: AdvancedDisk features and benefits describes some of the benefits of AdvancedDisk storage.
Table: AdvancedDisk features and benefits
Figure: AdvancedDisk storage example shows a media server and attached disks.