Veritas NetBackup™ OpsCenter Performance and Tuning Guide
- About OpsCenter configuration
- About OpsCenter performance and tuning
- About tuning OpsCenter for increased performance
- About saving the OpsCenter log files on a different drive
- About adjusting the heap size or cache size for OpsCenter services
- About OpsCenter database defragmentation
- Moving OpsCenter server to a different computer
- OpsCenter best practices
- Installation and upgrade best practices
- OpsCenter database best practices
- Backup products best practices
Purpose of the guide
The OpsCenter performance and tuning information is for administrators who want to analyze, evaluate, and tune OpsCenter performance. This document is intended to provide guidance on questions such as the following:
How can the OpsCenter server be tuned for maximum performance?
What system configurations you should use for OpsCenter depending on your backup environment?
What are the best practices that you can follow for an increased OpsCenter performance?
Most critical factors in performance are based in hardware rather than software. Compared to software, hardware, and its configuration have roughly four times greater effect on performance. Although this guide provides some hardware configuration assistance, it is assumed for the most part that your devices are correctly configured.