Veritas NetBackup™ OpsCenter Performance and Tuning Guide
- About OpsCenter configuration
- About OpsCenter performance and tuning
- About tuning OpsCenter for increased performance
- About saving the OpsCenter log files on a different drive
- About adjusting the heap size or cache size for OpsCenter services
- About OpsCenter database defragmentation
- Moving OpsCenter server to a different computer
- OpsCenter best practices
- Installation and upgrade best practices
- OpsCenter database best practices
- Backup products best practices
Things to avoid while you collect data from backup products
The following things should be avoided when you use OpsCenter to collect data from backup products:
Do not use unsupported backup products. See About OpsCenter compatible backup and archiving products section in OpsCenter Administrator's Guide.
Do not use unsupported upgrade paths. See About supported upgrade paths section in OpsCenter Administrator's Guide.
Do not configure one OpsCenter Agent for multiple OpsCenter Servers.
Do not configure multiple OpsCenter Servers to collect data from the same backup or archive product host.
Do not manually delete the jobs from backup products. This may lead to data inaccuracy. Let the backup product clear these jobs automatically after a configured retention.
See the documentation of the respective backup product for details.