Veritas NetBackup™ OpsCenter Performance and Tuning Guide
- About OpsCenter configuration
- About OpsCenter performance and tuning
- About tuning OpsCenter for increased performance
- About saving the OpsCenter log files on a different drive
- About adjusting the heap size or cache size for OpsCenter services
- About OpsCenter database defragmentation
- Moving OpsCenter server to a different computer
- OpsCenter best practices
- Installation and upgrade best practices
- OpsCenter database best practices
- Backup products best practices
Adjusting the default heap size for the OpsCenter Agent service
If the OpsCenter Agent processes consume a large amount of memory (which may happen with large OpsCenter configurations), it may be helpful to increase the OpsCenter Agent service heap size. The OpsCenter Agent service default heap size can be increased from 1024 MB to a higher value (like 2048 MB). You can determine a higher value based on the physical memory (RAM) and the virtual memory that is available on your system.
The information that is published in this section is based on the tests that were performed in Veritas Lab in a controlled environment with expert users. These can only be used as guidelines and should not be used as 100% accurate benchmarks.
To adjust the default heap size on Windows
OpsCenterAgentService.xmlfile from the following location on the OpsCenter server:
Save a copy of the
OpsCenterAgentService.xmlfile before modifying it.
- Modify the Xmx1024M value in the following string:
<CmdArg value="-Xms512M -Xmx1024M
For example, replace -Xmx1024M with -Xmx1400M to increase the maximum heap size from 1024 MB to 1400 MB.
- Save the
- You must restart the OpsCenter Agent service for the changes to be effective. To restart the OpsCenter Agent service, first stop and then start the Veritas OpsCenter Agent Service.
Select Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and stop the Veritas OpsCenter Agent Service.
- Select Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and start the Veritas OpsCenter Agent Service.