Veritas NetBackup™ OpsCenter Performance and Tuning Guide
- About OpsCenter configuration
- About OpsCenter performance and tuning
- About tuning OpsCenter for increased performance
- About saving the OpsCenter log files on a different drive
- About adjusting the heap size or cache size for OpsCenter services
- About OpsCenter database defragmentation
- Moving OpsCenter server to a different computer
- OpsCenter best practices
- Installation and upgrade best practices
- OpsCenter database best practices
- Backup products best practices
Backup products best practices
Following are the best practices that should be observed while you collect data from backup products:
Select correct versions and user name and password (if applicable) of backup products for data collection.
Depending on their load, you should add NetBackup Master Servers in OpsCenter. Consider the following example:
You want to add master servers in OpsCenter that are heavily-loaded. For example, each master server runs more than 10000 backup jobs per day. For load balancing, Veritas recommends that the heavily-loaded master servers be added at intervals.
For example, add the next master server after the data collection for the earlier master server is started.
To view the data collection status for a master server, go to Settings > Configuration > NetBackup in the OpsCenter console and then click the Data Collection Status tab on the page. The data collection status for a master server can be viewed from the Collection Status column.