Veritas NetBackup™ OpsCenter Performance and Tuning Guide
- About OpsCenter configuration
- About OpsCenter performance and tuning
- About tuning OpsCenter for increased performance
- About saving the OpsCenter log files on a different drive
- About adjusting the heap size or cache size for OpsCenter services
- About OpsCenter database defragmentation
- Moving OpsCenter server to a different computer
- OpsCenter best practices
- Installation and upgrade best practices
- OpsCenter database best practices
- Backup products best practices
Best practices for antivirus configuration on Windows
On a Windows platform, lack of appropriate filter settings or firewall settings may affect the OpsCenter server performance in an antivirus setup.
Following are the best practices that you should follow while you configure an antivirus application on OpsCenter setup.
Assumption: Apart from OpsCenter, no other Veritas products are installed on the host.
Add the exclusion filters by excluding the following folders and contents:
Database folder: Install_Path\OpsCenter\server\db\data
This path is the default database path. If the database resides at a different location, exclude that path.
Exclude the following processes:
Where xx is the Sybase database version
java.exe for OpsCenter Server service
java.exe for OpsCenter GUI service
Exclude the following firewall ports:
80 (web services)
443 (web services)
13786 (database service)