Veritas NetBackup™ OpsCenter Performance and Tuning Guide
- About OpsCenter configuration
- About OpsCenter performance and tuning
- About tuning OpsCenter for increased performance
- About saving the OpsCenter log files on a different drive
- About adjusting the heap size or cache size for OpsCenter services
- About OpsCenter database defragmentation
- Moving OpsCenter server to a different computer
- OpsCenter best practices
- Installation and upgrade best practices
- OpsCenter database best practices
- Backup products best practices
OpsCenter Server best practices
Following are the best practices that can be useful with respect to OpsCenter Server:
Ensure that the time on the OpsCenter Server host and the backup product hosts resolves to the same GMT time.
Note that the data that is shown in the historical reports may be inaccurate if the Day Light Savings (DST) change occurs in the timeframe that is selected for the reports.
Create report schedules such that the reports are emailed or exported during system idle time when OpsCenter is not accessed frequently.
Ensure that the required services or processes are running on the backup products. This is required for successful data collection.
Increase the heap size of the OpsCenter components depending on the RAM and the server load.