Veritas NetBackup™ OpsCenter Performance and Tuning Guide
- About OpsCenter configuration
- About OpsCenter performance and tuning
- About tuning OpsCenter for increased performance
- About saving the OpsCenter log files on a different drive
- About adjusting the heap size or cache size for OpsCenter services
- About OpsCenter database defragmentation
- Moving OpsCenter server to a different computer
- OpsCenter best practices
- Installation and upgrade best practices
- OpsCenter database best practices
- Backup products best practices
OpsCenter Server configuration
You can install OpsCenter Server on a physical computer or a virtual machine (VM).
The information that is published in this section is based on the tests that were performed in Veritas Lab in a controlled environment with expert users. These can only be used as guidelines and should not be used as 100% accurate benchmarks.
To learn more about OpsCenter Server configuration on a physical computer, refer to the 'About the OpsCenter Server' section from the OpsCenter Administrator's Guide.
Veritas recommends that you configure OpsCenter Server on a physical computer especially in large backup environments. For example, you have multiple NetBackup Master Servers that run more than 10000 jobs per day.