Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
Setting up SSO with NetBackup for NDMP
This topic describes the steps for setting up access to a drive that is shared between NDMP and NetBackup servers.
For a more complete discussion of SSO, refer to the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume II.
This procedure assumes that the following conditions are true:
The prerequisites for SSO have been met, as described in the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume II.
All physical devices, including the NDMP host, are correctly connected to the network.
NetBackup for NDMP supports the NDMP host.
For information about supported NDMP operating systems and NAS vendors, access NetBackup for NDMP: NAS Appliance Information from the Veritas Support website. The topic also contains configuration and troubleshooting help for particular NAS systems:
The NetBackup Master Compatibility List indicates which versions of vendor software support SSO for NDMP. The NAS systems (hardware) do not provide the support; the proper software version provides it. For a list of the features and software releases for each NAS vendor, for SSO support, and for the NetBackup versions that support these vendors, refer to the NetBackup Master Compatibility List:
To set up an SSO with NetBackup for NDMP
- Configure NetBackup access to the NDMP host.
- Verify that the NDMP host can access the required robots and drives.
tpautoconf -verify ndmp_host_name tpautoconf -probe ndmp_host_name
The -verify option verifies that the NetBackup server can access the NDMP host. The -probe option lists the devices that are visible to the NDMP host.
- From the NetBackup Administration Console, use the Device Configuration Wizard to configure the devices and storage units.
You must define an NDMP storage unit for each NDMP host that shares a drive. If all hosts have access to the shared drive(s), the Device Configuration Wizard can create these storage units automatically.