Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
Use the following procedure to configure NDMP DirectCopy from the backups that were made to a VTL.
To configure NDMP DirectCopy from the backups that were made to a VTL
Configure the VTL as an NDMP host. You can use the NetBackup Device Configuration Wizard, as follows. In the NetBackup Administration Console, click Media and Device Management and, in the right panel, click Configure Storage Devices.
In the Device Hosts dialog box of the wizard, choose the device host, then click Change.
In the Change Device Host dialog box, select NDMP server and click OK.
Click Next. The VTL appears in the NDMP Host window of the NDMP Hosts dialog box.
- Authorize NetBackup access to the VTL. Note that the VTL emulates an NDMP host.
- Configure the VTL as a robot, then configure one or more tape drives in a Media Manager storage unit.
You can use the NetBackup Device Configuration Wizard. Additional help configuring devices and Media Manager storage units is also available.
- Configure one or more tape drives in the VTL as Network Attached Storage devices, and create one or more NDMP storage units for the drives.
The drives can be the same as those that were selected in the previous step. NetBackup supports sharing of drives among media servers and NDMP hosts.
- Configure one or more NDMP tape drives in the physical tape library, and add the drives to NDMP storage units. Use the same procedures as those mentioned in the previous step.
You can also use these drives in Media Manager storage units, if they are shared on a SAN.