Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
Checking the device configuration
On the NetBackup for NDMP server, use the following procedure to check the device configuration.
To check the device configuration
Verify that ltid, vmd, avrd, and any required robotic daemons are active.
From the NetBackup Administration Console, select Activity Monitor.
In the right pane, select the Processes tab.
Verify that ltid, vmd, avrd, and any required robotic daemons processes are active.
- From the NetBackup Administration Console, click Device Monitor.