Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
Configuring NDMP backup to Media Manager storage units
To configure NDMP backups to Media Manager storage units
- Authorize the NetBackup server to access the NDMP hosts you want to back up.
Under Media and Device Management > Credentials, click NDMP Hosts. From the Actions menu, choose New > New NDMP Host to display the Add NDMP Host dialog.
Fill in the values.
Repeat these steps for each NDMP host that the NetBackup server backs up.
- Use the NetBackup Device Configuration Wizard to configure the drive(s) and robot(s).
Note the following:
Do not use the "Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices" topic in this guide. Configure the robots and drives as ordinary NetBackup devices, not as NDMP-attached devices.
Drives can be shared using the NetBackup Shared Storage Option (SSO). The drives can be shared as both NDMP drives and non-NDMP drives.
- Create a Media Manager storage unit for the drive(s). The storage unit type must be Media Manager, not NDMP.
For NDMP multiplexing, do the following steps:
Select the Enable Multiplexing check box on the New Storage Unit menu.
Set the Maximum streams per drive entry to a value greater than one.
For details on storage units, refer to the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
- Create an NDMP-type policy. On the New/Change Policy display, be sure to specify the storage unit that was created in the previous step.
Note the following for NDMP multiplexing:
Set the Media multiplexing attribute on the Add New Schedule menu to a value greater than one.