Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
About NDMP policies in NetBackup
An NDMP policy can have one or more NetBackup clients. Each NetBackup client must be an NDMP host.
Note that you do not install any NetBackup software on the NDMP hosts.
The allowable backup types for schedules in an NDMP policy are: Full, Cumulative Incremental, or Differential Incremental. User-initiated backups and archives are not allowed because the NDMP protocol does not permit these tasks.
Resides within the same overall NetBackup storage domain
Uses the same NetBackup master server that the media server uses to perform the backup
The data can be restored to the NDMP host where it was backed up, or to another NDMP host.
NDMP policies can use either NDMP storage units or Media Manager storage units.