Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
Limitations of Replication Director with NDMP
The Solaris_x86 operating system is not supported.
The Multiple copies NetBackup policy option is not supported for image copies in the NDMP data format.
The Restore the file using a temporary filename restore option is not supported on Windows clients.
Only one NDMP backup of a snapshot per backupid is allowed.
The Index From Snapshot operation is not supported for media servers running on AIX and HP-UX platforms. This operation is supported only on Linux, Windows, and Solaris media servers. See the NetBackup Master Compatibility List for information about supported operating systems.
The Index From Snapshot operation is not supported for NetApp ONTAP 7-mode.
When you make changes to the NDMP policy after the last full or incremental schedule (for example, if you add or delete a backup selection), the content for the next incremental retrieves the entire content of the snapshot rather than retrieving only the content that has changed. The next incremental schedule however, after only retrieves content that has changed as expected.