Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
Using the Device Configuration Wizard to configure an NDMP filer
This procedure shows how to use the Device Configuration Wizard of the NetBackup Administration Console to configure NetBackup to an NDMP filer. This wizard provides the most convenient way to configure devices and storage units for NDMP hosts.
To use the Device Configuration Wizard
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, click Configure Storage Devices in the right panel to launch the Device Configuration Wizard.
- Click Next on the Welcome window. The Device Hosts window appears.
- Under Device Hosts, put a check by the NetBackup media server that accesses the NDMP host.
- Select the server name and click Change.
- In the Change Device Host window, place a check beside NDMP server, then click OK.
In the Device Hosts window, NDMP is now listed in the Optional Devices to be Scanned column for the media server.
- Click Next to display the NDMP Hosts panel.
For a NetApp cDOT system, the NDMP host must be a cluster-management LIF. NetBackup does not support any other LIF type as the NDMP host name for storage device configuration.
- To add a new NDMP host, click New. The following window appears:
- Enter the new NDMP host name and click OK. The NDMP Host Credentials window appears.
- Select Use the following credentials for this NDMP host on all media servers. Enter the User name and password for the desired NDMP filer.
For information about credentials for your specific NDMP filer, refer to the NetBackup for NDMP: NAS Appliance Information from the Veritas Support website:
The Scanning Hosts window appears. NetBackup scans the host to discover all attached tape and disk devices. When completed, the Scanning Hosts window looks like the following example:
- Follow the remaining prompts in the wizard to complete the configuration.