Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2019-02-11
Product(s): NetBackup (8.2, 8.1.2)
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
Using the NetBackup Device Configuration Wizard for NDMP hosts
The NetBackup Device Configuration Wizard provides the most convenient way to configure devices and storage units for NDMP hosts (with or without SSO).
To use the Device Configuration Wizard
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, click Configure Storage Devices in the right panel to launch the Device Configuration Wizard.
- Click Next on the Welcome window. The Device Hosts window appears.
- Under Device Hosts, place a check beside the NetBackup media server that accesses the NDMP host.
- Select the server name and then click Change.
- In the Change Device Host window, place a check beside NDMP server.
- Click OK.
- In the Device Hosts window, NDMP is now listed in the Optional Devices to be Scanned column for the media server.
- Click Next to continue.
- In the NDMP Hosts window that shows the NDMP host(s) where you can configure devices, click Next to configure the NDMP-attached devices.
- Follow the remaining prompts in the wizard to complete the configuration.