Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
Cloud installation requirements
When you develop a plan to implement a NetBackup Cloud solution, use Table: Cloud installation requirements to assist with your plan.
Table: Cloud installation requirements
NetBackup media server platform support
For the operating systems that NetBackup supports for cloud storage, see the NetBackup operating system compatibility list available through the following URL:
When you install the NetBackup media server software on your host, ensure that you specify the fully-qualified domain name for the NetBackup server name.
Cloud storage provider account
You must have an account created with your preferred cloud storage provider before you configure NetBackup Cloud Storage. Please refer to the list of available NetBackup cloud storage providers.
You can create this account in the Cloud Storage Configuration Wizard.
NetBackup cloud storage licensing
NetBackup cloud storage is licensed separately from base NetBackup.
The license also enables the Attributes tab. Accelerator increases the speed of full backups for files systems.feature on the NetBackup policy