Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
Use the LIFECYCLE storage class to protect your data using cloud tiering. Cloud tiering allows you to back up your data to STANDARD or STANDARD_IA storage class and then transition the data to STANDARD_IA or GLACIER storage class. You can configure the storage server properties to determine the number of days the data resides in each storage class. Thus, you can configure your storage server for short-term or long-term data protection.
To configure a cloud storage server for Amazon LIFECYCLE storage class
- Configure the Amazon LIFECYCLE cloud storage server.
- Configure the storage server properties for the following:
- Create a disk pool for the LIFECYCLE storage class.
- Create a backup policy.
Ensure that the selected bucket does not have any existing lifecycle policy.
If the data is set to transition to GLACIER, consider the following:
Ensure that Amazon Glacier is supported for the region to which the bucket belongs.
You can use multi-streaming to get multiple images at logical boundaries.
Consider the following limitations:
NetBackup Accelerator feature is not supported for policies of the storage units that are created for LIFECYCLE. Do not select thecheck box.
CloudCatalyst with LIFECYCLE is not supported.
You must have the following permissions:
Life cycle policy related permissions:
Object tagging permissions
The bucket owner has these permissions, by default. The bucket owner can grant these permissions to others by writing an access policy.
Also ensure that you also have the required IAM USER permissions.