Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
About unified logging
Unified logging and legacy logging are the two forms of debug logging used in NetBackup. All NetBackup processes use one of these forms of logging. Server processes and client processes use unified logging.
Unified logging creates log file names and messages in a standardized format. These logging files cannot be easily viewed with a text editor. They are in binary format and some of the information is contained in an associated resource file. Only the vxlogview command can assemble and display the log information correctly.
Unlike legacy logging, unified logging does not require that you create logging subdirectories. Log files for originator IDs are written to a subdirectory with the name specified in the log configuration file. All unified logs are written to subdirectories in the following directory:
You can access logging controls in the NetBackup Administration Console. In the left pane, expand or . Double-click the server you want to change. In the left pane of the dialog box, click .
You can also manage unified logging by using the following commands:
Modifies the unified logging configuration settings.
for more information about the vxlogcfg command.
Manages the log files that the products that support unified logging generate.
for more information about the vxlogmgr command.
Displays the logs that unified logging generates.
for more information about the vxlogview command.
These commands are located in the following directory:
See the NetBackup Commands Reference Guide for a complete description about these commands.
More information about legacy logging is available.