Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
Fetching storage regions fails with authentication version V2
When you use authentication version V2, if fetching storage regions step fails with pop-up error Unable to process request (228), perform the following troubleshooting steps:
Ensure that nbsl and nbwmc services are up and running.
Enable nbwmc logs and in the
nblog.conf file, increase verbosity to the highest level. Try fetching regions once again.
If the issue persists, look for cURL error in csconfig logs. The cURL error code helps you to find the root cause of the issue.
Some of the erroneous configuration scenarios can be:
If the cURL error indicates that issue is caused due to invalid authentication URL, ensure that identity API version 2 endpoint (v2.0/tokens) is used for authentication.
For example, http://mycloud.xyz.com.com:5000/v2.0/tokens must be used to authenticate instead of https://mycloud.xyz.com:5000.
If the cURL error indicates that the issue is caused due to non-CA signed certificate, add a self-signed certificate to
cacert.pemfor authentication as well as storage endpoint (in case they are hosted separately).