Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
Amazon S3 storage type requirements
Table: Amazon cloud storage requirements
You must have a NetBackup license that allows for cloud storage.
Vendor account requirements
You must obtain an account that allows you to create, write to, and read from the storage that your vendor provides.
The following are the requirements for the Amazon storage buckets:
Veritas recommends that you use NetBackup to create the buckets that you use with NetBackup. The Amazon S3 interface may allow the characters that NetBackup does not allow. Consequently, by using NetBackup to create the buckets you can limit the potential problems.
The following are the NetBackup requirements for bucket names in the US Standard region.
The buckets are not available for use in NetBackup in the following scenarios: a) If you have created the buckets in a region that NetBackup does not support. b) The bucket name does not comply with the bucket naming convention.
Number of disk pools
You can create a maximum of 90 disk pools. Attempts to create more than 90 disk pools generate a "failed to create disk volume, invalid request" error message.