Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
About cloud storage servers
A storage server is an entity that writes data to and reads data from the storage. In case of cloud storage server, it is a host or an end point that cloud vendor exposes to perform backup operations using NetBackup media server(s). You can use any logical name to identify the cloud storage when you configure cloud storage server in NetBackup.
When you configure a cloud storage server, it inherits the NetBackup Scalable Storage properties.
After you configure the storage server, you can change the properties of the storage server.
NetBackup media servers back up the clients and send the data to the storage server.