Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
NetBackup CloudStore Service Container security modes
This is applicable only up to NetBackup version 8.1.2.
In the default secure mode, the client components must authenticate with the CloudStore Service Container. After authentication, communication occurs over a secure HTTPS channel.
The CloudStore Service Container uses non-secure communication. Clients communicate with the server over HTTP with no authentication required.
You can use the CSSC_IS_SECURE attribute of the
cloudstore.conf file to set the security mode. The default value is 64, secure communication.