Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
Assigning a storage class to Amazon cloud storage
In NetBackup, you can assign a storage class to cloud storage while you configure a new storage server.
To assign a storage class
- In the NetBackup Administration Console > Cloud Storage Configuration wizard, select Amazon.
- On the Add Storage Server screen, specify the Amazon S3 configuration details such as, service host, storage server name, and access details.
- Select the preferred storage class and click Next. Veritas recommends that you do not modify the storage class of a cloud storage server after you have assigned it.
Prior to NetBackup 8.1.1, in the Advanced Server Configuration screen, the x-amz-storage-class header displayed the Amazon S3 storage classes that NetBackup supports.
AMZ:STORAGE_CLASS lists the storage class in the storage server properties dialog box.
- Configure a new disk pool.
Veritas recommends that you use different buckets for different storage classes.
- Configure a new storage unit by accessing NetBackup Administration Console > NetBackup Management > Storage > Storage Units.
- Modify the existing policy or SLP (or create new policy or SLP) to use the new storage unit by accessing the respective user interfaces:
To access policy, do the following: In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup Management, and click Policies.
To access SLP, do the following: In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup Management, expand Storage, and click Storage Life Cycle Policies.