Enterprise Vault™ Classification using the Microsoft File Classification Infrastructure
- About this guide
- Getting started
- How Enterprise Vault caches the items that it submits for classification
- Setting up the classification properties
- Configuring your classification rules
- Defining and applying classification policies
- Running classification in test mode
- Publishing classification properties and rules across your site
- Using classification with smart partitions
- Appendix A. Enterprise Vault properties for use in classification rules
- Appendix B. PowerShell cmdlets for use with classification
- Appendix C. Monitoring and troubleshooting
Custom properties for use by policy management software
Table: Custom properties for use by policy management software lists the custom properties that certain policy management applications, such as Enterprise Vault Data Classification Services, may use.
(Data Classification Services is an older, add-on classification technology that combines various components of Veritas Enterprise Vault and Symantec Data Loss Prevention. It is different from the classification feature that is described here.)
Table: Custom properties for use by policy management software
Policies that do not affect capture either way; they only categorize items.
Policies that either preclude capture or advocate non-capture in the review set.
Policies that either demand or suggest capture.