Enterprise Vault™ Classification using the Microsoft File Classification Infrastructure
- About this guide
- Getting started
- How Enterprise Vault caches the items that it submits for classification
- Setting up the classification properties
- Configuring your classification rules
- Defining and applying classification policies
- Running classification in test mode
- Publishing classification properties and rules across your site
- Using classification with smart partitions
- Appendix A. Enterprise Vault properties for use in classification rules
- Appendix B. PowerShell cmdlets for use with classification
- Appendix C. Monitoring and troubleshooting
Setting up smart partitions
The procedure for setting up a smart partition is almost identical to that for setting up a standard vault store partition. The only significant difference is that, when setting up a smart partition, you must choose one or more classification tags to associate with it.
To set up a smart partition
- In the left pane of the Administration Console, expand the Enterprise Vault site hierarchy until the Vault Store Groups container is visible.
- Expand the Vault Store Groups container to show the existing vault store groups.
- Expand the vault store group that contains the vault store for which you want to set up a smart partition.
- Expand the vault store in which you want to set up the smart partition.
- Right-click the Smart Partitions container, and then click New > Smart Partition.
The New Smart Partition wizard starts.
Follow the on-screen instructions. You must provide the following information:
A name and description for the smart partition
Whether to set the initial state of the smart partition as open or closed
The classification tags to associate with the smart partition
The type of storage device on which to create the partition
The location on the storage device for the new partition
The storage settings to use for the storage device
For partitions on Dell EMC Centera devices, whether to enable device-level sharing
Whether to create the smart partition with security ACLs in the partition folders
How to check that the data in the smart partition has been backed up
Whether to use file collection software to combine many smaller files into larger collection files