Enterprise Vault™ Classification using the Microsoft File Classification Infrastructure
- About this guide
- Getting started
- How Enterprise Vault caches the items that it submits for classification
- Setting up the classification properties
- Configuring your classification rules
- Defining and applying classification policies
- Running classification in test mode
- Publishing classification properties and rules across your site
- Using classification with smart partitions
- Appendix A. Enterprise Vault properties for use in classification rules
- Appendix B. PowerShell cmdlets for use with classification
- Appendix C. Monitoring and troubleshooting
Setting up the Enterprise Vault classification properties manually
If you do not import the rule set, you can still set up the properties manually.
To set up the Enterprise Vault classification properties manually
- In the left pane of the File Server Resource Manager, expand the Classification Management container.
- Right-click the Classification Properties node, and then click Create Local Property.
The Create Local Classification Property dialog box appears.
- Type the name and description of the new property.
The required names and suggested descriptions are as follows:
Assigns one or more categories to an item when the item is added to Enterprise Vault. The property values are searchable and retrievable.
Stops Compliance Accelerator from sampling an item that has this property. The property values are searchable and retrievable.
Requires Compliance Accelerator to sample an item that has this property. The property values are searchable and retrievable.
Marks an item for deletion if the name of a retention category is assigned to the property.
Enterprise Vault can assign classification values to these four properties only, and not to any other properties that you might set up in File Server Resource Manager.
- Set the property type to Multiple Choice List.
- Add the values that your classification rules may assign to the property.
- Click OK to save the classification property.
- Repeat steps 2 through 6 for each of the other Enterprise Vault classification properties.