Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
About creating an NDMP policy
On the NetBackup master server, you must create an NDMP policy to configure backups of the NDMP host.
You can use the Backup Policy Configuration Wizard to create NDMP policies.
Creating an NDMP policy is very similar to creating other NetBackup policy types. The following topics explain the differences when creating NDMP policies.
See the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I, for more information on NetBackup policies and the Policy utility.
To configure an NDMP policy for the NDMP Snapshot and Replication method, see the NetBackup Replication Director Solutions Guide.
To configure a policy for the NAS_Snapshot method, see the NetBackup Snapshot Client Administrator's Guide.
Attributes tab options for an NDMP policy
Schedules tab options for an NDMP policy with Accelerator for NDMP enabled
Clients tab options for an NDMP policy
Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
About appropriate host selection for NetApp cDOT backup policies
About environment variables in the backup selections list