Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
Configuring remote NDMP
Configure NetBackup to back up data to either disk storage or tape storage units that are attached to a NetBackup media server. Only NDMP-specific steps are described.
To configure NDMP backups to disk storage or tape storage units
- Authorize the NetBackup server to access the NDMP hosts that you want to back up.
Do the following on the NetBackup media server:
Expand Media and Device Management > Credentials > NDMP Hosts. Under the Actions menu, choose New > New NDMP Host to display the Add NDMP Host dialog box.
Enter the name of the NDMP server (NAS filer) to back up. This NDMP host name is case-sensitive.
Repeat the previous step for each NDMP host that the NetBackup server backs up.
If you plan to create snapshots using the Snapshot Client NAS_Snapshot method, do the previous step on the master server (not on the media server).
- Use the NetBackup Device Configuration Wizard to configure devices for remote NDMP (disks, or tape drives and robots, on the media server).
Note the following items:
Do not use the device configuration procedure that is described for configuring NDMP-attached devices. Instead, configure the disk, robots, and drives the same way as the ordinary NetBackup devices are configured.
Tape drives can be shared using the Shared Storage Option (SSO) of NetBackup. The drives can be shared as both NDMP drives and non-NDMP drives.
- Create a disk or Media Manager storage unit for the drive(s). The storage unit type must be Disk or Media Manager, not NDMP.
For details on storage units, refer to the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
- Create an NDMP-type policy.