Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
NetBackup uses NDMP DirectCopy when you duplicate a backup image. To run a duplication, you can use any of the following methods:
Initiate the duplication from the NetBackup Administration Console.
In the NetBackup Administration Console, select and then, in the right pane, in the list box select the action.
Refer to the NetBackup Vault Administrator's Guide for more information.
The bpduplicate command
Refer to the NetBackup Commands Guide for detailed information about this command.
A storage lifecycle policy (SLP)
In the NetBackup Administration Console, select .
Refer to the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I for more information about SLPs.
If you use a NetApp cDOT system in SVM-scoped NDMP mode, NetBackup tries to match the affinity for the source and the destination tape drive path, if possible, so the duplication can be performed optimally.