Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
Performing an NDMP restore from the server
For help with the restore procedure, see the NetBackup online Help in the NetBackup Administration Console or the NetBackup Backup, Archive, and Restore Getting Started Guide.
To perform an NDMP restore from the server
- In the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface on a NetBackup server, click Actions > Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type.
- For the server, select the NetBackup master server.
If your configuration has multiple master servers, specify the master server that has the policy for the NDMP host that you plan to restore. If the server name is not in the pull-down list, use Edit Server List to add it.
- For the source clients and destination clients, select the appropriate NDMP (NAS) hosts.
The destination host must be an NDMP host compatible with the data format of the source. (The source and destination must be of the same NAS vendor type.)
If the hosts that you want are not available in the pull-down menu, use Edit Client List to add the client.
- In the policy type field, select NDMP.