Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
About Media and Device Management configuration
On the NetBackup for NDMP server, use NetBackup Administration Console to add drives and robots. As an alternative, you can use the NetBackup Device Configuration Wizard.in the
NetBackup recommends that any tape drive that is attached to a NetApp cDOT system must be connected to all of the cluster nodes. If you do not follow this recommendation, NetBackup may not be able to find the optimal path for data transfer.
The following procedures and examples treat NDMP configuration issues only.
See the NetBackup Administrator's Guide for UNIX, Windows, and Linux, Volume I, for general information on configuring NetBackup media.
More information on configuring storage devices for specific NDMP hosts is available.
For information about supported NDMP operating systems and NAS vendors, access NetBackup for NDMP: NAS Appliance Information from the Veritas Support website. The topic also contains configuration and troubleshooting help for particular NAS systems:
For a list of the features and software releases for each NAS vendor, for SSO support, and for the NetBackup versions that support these vendors, see the NetBackup Master Compatibility List, as follows:
These procedures do not apply to setting up the devices that are attached to the NetBackup media server. To back up NDMP data to media servers, you must configure storage units in the same way as ordinary NetBackup (non-NDMP) devices. More information is available: