Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
Requirements to use NDMP DirectCopy for image duplication
When NetBackup uses NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate an image, note the following:
For the destination for the duplication, you must designate an NDMP storage unit in a VTL or in a physical tape library.
An NDMP tape drive must be available to mount the source image. The NDMP tape drive can be one that was defined in the VTL, or it can be a physical tape drive in a tape library.
Setup instructions are available.
If these two requirements are met, NDMP DirectCopy is enabled. NetBackup copies the image directly to the designated storage unit without using media server I/O or network bandwidth.