Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
About the track log for Accelerator for NDMP
The track log is a binary file that you should not attempt to edit. On occasion, Veritas Technical Support may request the track log for troubleshooting purposes. Two copies of the track log exist in the following locations:
You can manually delete track logs safely if any of the follow situations occur:
You disable theoption.
The backup selections are changed.
The policy is renamed.
The NDMP filer is removed from the policy.
The storage server that is used to perform the backup is changed.
The master server that is used to control the backups is changed.
Navigate to the following locations to manually delete track logs for specific backup selections: