Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
Try the following troubleshooting suggestions:
Check the NetBackup All Log Entries report for information about the failed job.
To verify that the appropriate services are running, use one of the following: the NetBackup Activity Monitor, the Windows control panel (on Windows systems), or the bpps command (UNIX systems).
If NDMP host backups terminate with a status code of 154 (storage unit characteristics mismatch requests), the problem may be one of the following:
Verify that the NetBackup configuration is correct.
There may be a conflict between the policy type and storage unit type. (For example, if the policy type is Standard and the storage unit is of type NDMP.)
If your NDMP backup fails with a status code of 99 (NDMP backup failure), no paths in your NDMP policy backup selections list were backed up. Check the NetBackup All Log Entries report for more information. A possible cause of this status is that none of the backup paths exist on the NDMP host.
For more information about status code 99 and NDMP backup failures, refer to the following tech note: