Veritas NetBackup™ Troubleshooting Guide
- Troubleshooting procedures
- Troubleshooting NetBackup problems
- Troubleshooting vnetd proxy connections
- Troubleshooting security certificate revocation
- Verifying host name and service entries in NetBackup
- Frozen media troubleshooting considerations
- Troubleshooting problems with the NetBackup web services
- Resolving PBX problems
- Troubleshooting problems with validation of the remote host
- About troubleshooting Auto Image Replication
- Using NetBackup utilities
- About the NetBackup support utility (nbsu)
- About the NetBackup consistency check utility (NBCC)
- About the robotic test utilities
- Disaster recovery
- About disk recovery procedures for UNIX and Linux
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for UNIX and Linux
- About disk recovery procedures for Windows
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for Windows
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog
- About NetBackup catalog recovery and OpsCenter
- About recovering the entire NetBackup catalog
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog image files
- About recovering the NetBackup relational database
Troubleshooting installation problems
Use the following steps to troubleshoot installation problems.
Table: Steps for troubleshooting installation problems.
Determine if you can install the software on the master server and the media servers by using the release media.
Determine if you can install NetBackup client software on the clients.
NetBackup UNIX or Linux servers can push client software to UNIX/Linux clients, and Windows servers can push to Windows clients. You can also download the client software from the NetBackup appliance, and then run the install on the client.
Do the following:
Resolve network problems.
Determine if the problem is related to general network communications.