Veritas NetBackup™ Troubleshooting Guide
- Troubleshooting procedures
- Troubleshooting NetBackup problems
- Troubleshooting vnetd proxy connections
- Troubleshooting security certificate revocation
- Verifying host name and service entries in NetBackup
- Frozen media troubleshooting considerations
- Troubleshooting problems with the NetBackup web services
- Resolving PBX problems
- Troubleshooting problems with validation of the remote host
- About troubleshooting Auto Image Replication
- Using NetBackup utilities
- About the NetBackup support utility (nbsu)
- About the NetBackup consistency check utility (NBCC)
- About the robotic test utilities
- Disaster recovery
- About disk recovery procedures for UNIX and Linux
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for UNIX and Linux
- About disk recovery procedures for Windows
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for Windows
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog
- About NetBackup catalog recovery and OpsCenter
- About recovering the entire NetBackup catalog
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog image files
- About recovering the NetBackup relational database
Master server security certificate is revoked
A revoked security certificate on a NetBackup master server is the worst case scenario for NetBackup security. The following symptoms may indicate that the master server certificate is revoked:
Jobs fail with network errors.
Media servers deactivate spontaneously.
The vnetd proxy process log files on hosts show that the master server's certificate is revoked.
The bptestbpcd -host master_server command output may show that the master server's certificate is revoked.
If a NetBackup CA-signed certificate is used
Do not trust the certificate revocation list on any host.
Resolve the issue, reissue the master server's security certificate, and then return the master server to service.
If you cannot resolve the issue and return the master server to service, replace it. You must then reissue all host certificates.
If an external CA-signed certificate is used, you can undo the revocation of the master server's certificate or enroll a new certificate for the master server.