Veritas NetBackup™ Troubleshooting Guide
- Troubleshooting procedures
- Troubleshooting NetBackup problems
- Troubleshooting vnetd proxy connections
- Troubleshooting security certificate revocation
- Verifying host name and service entries in NetBackup
- Frozen media troubleshooting considerations
- Troubleshooting problems with the NetBackup web services
- Resolving PBX problems
- Troubleshooting problems with validation of the remote host
- About troubleshooting Auto Image Replication
- Using NetBackup utilities
- About the NetBackup support utility (nbsu)
- About the NetBackup consistency check utility (NBCC)
- About the robotic test utilities
- Disaster recovery
- About disk recovery procedures for UNIX and Linux
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for UNIX and Linux
- About disk recovery procedures for Windows
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for Windows
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog
- About NetBackup catalog recovery and OpsCenter
- About recovering the entire NetBackup catalog
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog image files
- About recovering the NetBackup relational database
About processing the relational database in staging
A recovery of the NetBackup image files and configuration files also restores the NetBackup relational database (NBDB) to the staging directory. You can use the following NetBackup commands to further process the NBDB database if required:
Use cat_import to import the image metadata that is in the legacy flat file format into an NBDB relational database. The NBDB database can be the actual production DB or an NBDB in a different NetBackup domain.
Use cat_export - staging to extract the image metadata from the relational database. It writes the data to the
Use nbdb_restore -staging to recover the relational database from the staging directory.
See Recovering the NetBackup relational database files from staging.
Use nbdb_unload - staging to unload the media table and related tables to a set of flat files. Then, you can use SQL tools to insert the subset of data into another NBDB. Another NBDB can be the actual production DB or an NBDB in a different NetBackup domain.
Veritas recommends that you manipulate or process the NetBackup relational database only when directed to do so by a Veritas Support Representative. For help with NetBackup domain merges and splits, contact the Veritas Information Management Consulting Services:
More information about the commands is available.
See the NetBackup Commands Reference Guide: