Veritas NetBackup™ Troubleshooting Guide
- Troubleshooting procedures
- Troubleshooting NetBackup problems
- Troubleshooting vnetd proxy connections
- Troubleshooting security certificate revocation
- Verifying host name and service entries in NetBackup
- Frozen media troubleshooting considerations
- Troubleshooting problems with the NetBackup web services
- Resolving PBX problems
- Troubleshooting problems with validation of the remote host
- About troubleshooting Auto Image Replication
- Using NetBackup utilities
- About the NetBackup support utility (nbsu)
- About the NetBackup consistency check utility (NBCC)
- About the robotic test utilities
- Disaster recovery
- About disk recovery procedures for UNIX and Linux
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for UNIX and Linux
- About disk recovery procedures for Windows
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for Windows
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog
- About NetBackup catalog recovery and OpsCenter
- About recovering the entire NetBackup catalog
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog image files
- About recovering the NetBackup relational database
About restoring disaster recovery package
Disaster recovery packages contain the NetBackup master server host identity and are created during catalog backups. You require the host identity back after you install NetBackup on the master server after a disaster.
See Disaster recovery packages.
Catalog recovery does not recover the host identity. To restore the host identity or disaster recovery package, you must install NetBackup in the disaster recovery mode and import the required package. Once you have recovered the disaster recovery package, you can recover the catalog.
After you have restored the disaster recovery package or the master server host identity, you must immediately perform catalog recovery.
You can restore the disaster recovery package of the NetBackup master server either during installation or after installation.
To restore the package during installation, select the disaster recovery mode of installation.
You need to specify the disaster recovery package passphrase during installation. If you specify a wrong passphrase or the passphrase is lost, you need to deploy security certificates on all hosts after installation. The disaster recovery package cannot be restored during installation. To restore the disaster recovery package after installation, refer to the following article:
To restore the package after installation, use the nbhostidentity command.
See Restoring disaster recovery package on Windows.
See Restoring disaster recovery package on UNIX.
To restore the disaster recovery package of the NetBackup Appliance, use the nbhostidentity command.