Veritas NetBackup™ Troubleshooting Guide
- Troubleshooting procedures
- Troubleshooting NetBackup problems
- Troubleshooting vnetd proxy connections
- Troubleshooting security certificate revocation
- Verifying host name and service entries in NetBackup
- Frozen media troubleshooting considerations
- Troubleshooting problems with the NetBackup web services
- Resolving PBX problems
- Troubleshooting problems with validation of the remote host
- About troubleshooting Auto Image Replication
- Using NetBackup utilities
- About the NetBackup support utility (nbsu)
- About the NetBackup consistency check utility (NBCC)
- About the robotic test utilities
- Disaster recovery
- About disk recovery procedures for UNIX and Linux
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for UNIX and Linux
- About disk recovery procedures for Windows
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for Windows
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog
- About NetBackup catalog recovery and OpsCenter
- About recovering the entire NetBackup catalog
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog image files
- About recovering the NetBackup relational database
How a host's CRL affects certificate revocation troubleshooting
Each NetBackup host obtains a fresh certificate revocation list periodically. When a host's certification revocation list is up-to-date, job failure messages and status codes are accurate and dependable. Likewise, NetBackup audit messages are accurate and dependable.
However, if the CRL is not up-to-date, job failures may appear as network errors. You may need to examine more than the NetBackup job details and command output to isolate the error.
Each NetBackup host learns about new certificate revocations only when its CRL is refreshed.
The CRL on the master server is generated every 60 minutes or within 5 minutes of a revocation. Conversely, the interval at which other NetBackup hosts request a new CRL from the master server may be longer.
The Security level for certificate deployment setting determines the CRL refresh interval for all NetBackup hosts. Although all NetBackup hosts update their CRLs on the same time interval, when each host requests a new CRL varies.
Verify the security settings under Security Management in the NetBackup Administration Console.
If a NetBackup host is configured to use CRLs from the path that is specified for the ECA_CRL_PATH configuration option, CRLs are refreshed as per ECA_CRL_PATH_SYNC_HOURS.
If the NetBackup host is configured to download CRLs from CDPs, CRLs are refreshed as per ECA_CRL_REFRESH_HOURS.
For more information about external certificate configuration options for CRLs and the global security settings, see the NetBackup Security and Encryption Guide.