Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Troubleshooting Guide
Last Published: 2019-07-01
Product(s): NetBackup (8.2)
- Troubleshooting procedures
- Troubleshooting NetBackup problems
- Troubleshooting vnetd proxy connections
- Troubleshooting security certificate revocation
- Verifying host name and service entries in NetBackup
- Frozen media troubleshooting considerations
- Troubleshooting problems with the NetBackup web services
- Resolving PBX problems
- Troubleshooting problems with validation of the remote host
- About troubleshooting Auto Image Replication
- Using NetBackup utilities
- About the NetBackup support utility (nbsu)
- About the NetBackup consistency check utility (NBCC)
- About the robotic test utilities
- Disaster recovery
- About disk recovery procedures for UNIX and Linux
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for UNIX and Linux
- About disk recovery procedures for Windows
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for Windows
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog
- About NetBackup catalog recovery and OpsCenter
- About recovering the entire NetBackup catalog
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog image files
- About recovering the NetBackup relational database
About recovering the NetBackup relational database
The NetBackup database (NBDB) is also known as the Enterprise Media Manager (EMM) database. It contains information about volumes and the robots and drives that are in NetBackup storage units. The NetBackup relational database also contains the NetBackup catalog images files. The images files contain the metadata that describes the backups.
You can recover the NetBackup relational databases independently of an entire catalog backup.
Recover from a backup
See Recovering NetBackup relational database files from a backup.
Recover from the staging directory
See Recovering the NetBackup relational database files from staging.