NetBackup™ Web UI Security Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- Managing role-based access control
- Steps to create an object group
- Adding AD or LDAP domains
- Security events and audit logs
- Managing hosts
- Managing security certificates
- Managing NetBackup security certificates
- Using external security certificates with NetBackup
- Managing user sessions
- Managing master server security settings
- Creating and using API keys
- Configuring smart card authentication
- Troubleshooting access to the web UI
- Unable to add AD or LDAP domains with the vssat command
Disable communication with NetBackup 8.0 and earlier hosts
By default, NetBackup allows communication with NetBackup 8.0 and earlier hosts that are present in the environment. However, this communication is insecure. For increased security, upgrade all your hosts to the current NetBackup version and disable this setting. This action ensures that only secure communication is possible between NetBackup hosts. If you use Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.), you must upgrade the trusted master server for image replication to NetBackup 8.1 or later.
To communicate with an OpsCenter server, this setting must be enabled.
To disable communication with NetBackup 8.0 and earlier hosts
- At the top right, select Security > Global security .
- Turn off Allow communication with NetBackup 8.0 and earlier hosts.
- Click Save.