NetBackup™ Web UI Security Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- Managing role-based access control
- Steps to create an object group
- Adding AD or LDAP domains
- Security events and audit logs
- Managing hosts
- Managing security certificates
- Managing NetBackup security certificates
- Using external security certificates with NetBackup
- Managing user sessions
- Managing master server security settings
- Creating and using API keys
- Configuring smart card authentication
- Troubleshooting access to the web UI
- Unable to add AD or LDAP domains with the vssat command
Certificate authority for secure communication
In the global security settings, theinformation indicates the type certificate authorities that the NetBackup domain supports. Open to view these settings.
NetBackup hosts in the domain can use certificates as follows:
By default, NetBackup certificates are deployed on the master server and its clients.
You can configure NetBackupto only communicate with the hosts that use an external certificate. Requires that a host is upgraded to 8.2 or later and has an external certificate that is installed and enrolled. In this case, NetBackup does not communicate with any hosts that use NetBackup certificates. However, you can enableto communicate with any hosts that use NetBackup 8.0 or earlier.
Both NetBackup certificates and external certificates.
With this configuration, NetBackup communicates with the hosts that use a NetBackup certificate or an external certificate. If a host has both types of certificates, NetBackup uses the external certificate for communication.