NetBackup™ Web UI Security Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- Managing role-based access control
- Steps to create an object group
- Adding AD or LDAP domains
- Security events and audit logs
- Managing hosts
- Managing security certificates
- Managing NetBackup security certificates
- Using external security certificates with NetBackup
- Managing user sessions
- Managing master server security settings
- Creating and using API keys
- Configuring smart card authentication
- Troubleshooting access to the web UI
- Unable to add AD or LDAP domains with the vssat command
First-time sign in to a NetBackup master server from the NetBackup web UI
After the installation of NetBackup, a root user or an administrator must sign into the NetBackup web UI from a web browser and create RBAC access rules for users. An access rule gives a user permissions and access to the NetBackup environment through the web UI, based on the user's role in your organization. Some users have access to the web UI by default.
See Authorized users.
To sign in to a NetBackup master server using the NetBackup web UI
- Open a web browser and go to the following URL.
The masterserver is the host name or IP address of the NetBackup master server that you want to sign in to.
If you are not able to access the web UI, refer to Support and additional configuration.
- Enter the root or the administrator credentials and click Sign in.
For this type of user
Use this format
- On the left, select Security > RBAC.
- You can give users access to the NetBackup web UI in one of the following ways:
Create access rules for all users that require access to NetBackup.
Delegate the task of creating access rules to another user.
Create an access rule for that user with the role of Security administrator. This user can then create rules for all users that require access to the NetBackup web UI.
See Configuring RBAC.
Root or administrator access is no longer needed for the web UI once you have delegated one or more users as a NetBackup security administrator.
Refer to the following information for help with accessing the web UI.
Ensure that you are an authorized user.
See Authorized users.
For details on supported browsers for the web UI, see the NetBackup Software Compatibility List.
If port 443 is blocked or in use, you can configure and use a custom port.
If you want to use an external certificate with the web browser, see the instructions for configuring an external certificate for the web server.
See other tips for accessing the web UI.