Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites and things to consider before using the plug-in
- Downloading and installing the Nutanix plug-in
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Configuring secure communication between the Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor server and NetBackup host
- Managing SSL certificates through ECA framework
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and recovery
- Back up the Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Overview of the Nutanix AHV virtual machines recovery process
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the command line for Hypervisor policy
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Appendix B. Protect Nutanix AHV virtual machines with BigData policy
Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master access list
When the backup host is not a NetBackup master server, media server, or an appliance, you need to add the backup host to the NetBackuplist.
To add a backup host to NetBackup master access list using the NetBackup Administration Console
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, click NetBackup Management > Host Properties.
- In the master server's Host Properties dialog box, click NutanixAHV Access Hosts.
- To add the backup host to NetBackup master access list, click Add.
In the New Server dialog box, enter the name of the backup host. Click Add.
To add a backup host to NetBackup master access list using the command line
- Use the bpsetconfig command to set the value of NTNXAHV_PROXY_SERVER as follows:
set NTNXAHV_PROXY_SERVER = FQDN.backup.host
Repeat the step to add multiple backup hosts.
- Save the changes and verify the changes that are stored in the bp.conf file using the following command:
nbgetconfig | grep NTNXAHV_PROXY_SERVER
For more information about the bpsetconfig and nbgetconfig commands, refer to the NetBackup Commands Reference Guide.