Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites and things to consider before using the plug-in
- Downloading and installing the Nutanix plug-in
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Configuring secure communication between the Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor server and NetBackup host
- Managing SSL certificates through ECA framework
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and recovery
- Back up the Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Overview of the Nutanix AHV virtual machines recovery process
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the command line for Hypervisor policy
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Appendix B. Protect Nutanix AHV virtual machines with BigData policy
Download the Nutanix AHV plug-in binaries
You can download the following plug-in packages of NetBackup for Nutanix AHV from the Veritas Entitlement Management System portal from the Veritas Support site:
NetBackup_Nutanix-AHV-HMI_Plugin_8.2.zip- for Linux (Red Hat and SUSE)
NBAPP_addon_Nutanix-AHV-HMI_Plugin-184.108.40.206-1.x86_64.rpm- for NetBackup Appliance and NetBackup Virtual Appliances
VRTSflex-nbhmi-nutanix-ahv-8.2-0.x86_64.rpm- for Flex Appliance
To download the Nutanix AHV plug-in:
- Go to https://www.veritas.com/support site.
- Click Licensing. You are directed to the Veritas Account Manager page to access your Veritas account.
- Enter your user credentials to access your Veritas account. You are directed to the Veritas Entitlement Management System site.
- On the Entitlements menu, use your Entitlement ID to locate and download the following file for Nutanix AHV plug-in for NetBackup.
Alternatively, on the Downloads menu, locate the
The list of software that is available to download may vary across user accounts based on the entitlements within each account.
- In the Actions column against the software or plug-in you want to download, click the Download icon.
- Save the downloaded file in a local directory on the backup host.