Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites and things to consider before using the plug-in
- Downloading and installing the Nutanix plug-in
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Configuring secure communication between the Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor server and NetBackup host
- Managing SSL certificates through ECA framework
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and recovery
- Back up the Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Overview of the Nutanix AHV virtual machines recovery process
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the command line for Hypervisor policy
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Appendix B. Protect Nutanix AHV virtual machines with BigData policy
NetBackup for AHV environment
Table: Components required for NetBackup for AHV describes the components that are required for NetBackup to back up and restore a Nutanix AHV virtual machine.
Table: Components required for NetBackup for AHV
Description and requirements
NetBackup master server
Runs the backup policies and starts backups and restores.
NetBackup media server or a backup host
Reads and writes backup data and manages NetBackup storage media.
If your backup host is not a NetBackup master, media, or appliance, install a NetBackup client on the backup host to process backup and restore requests.
Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor or Acropolis Hypervisor or AHV
Provides a virtualization platform within Nutanix's hyper converged infrastructure.
Nutanix Acropolis cluster
Provides a multi-node cluster configuration that manages storage, computing, and virtualization.
Nutanix Prism or Prism web console
Prism is an end-to-end management solution for the virtualized data center environments that streamlines and automates common workflows. It eliminates the need for multiple management solutions across data center operations.
For further details and explanation of the Nutanix terminology, refer to the Nutanix documentation.