Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites and things to consider before using the plug-in
- Downloading and installing the Nutanix plug-in
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Configuring secure communication between the Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor server and NetBackup host
- Managing SSL certificates through ECA framework
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and recovery
- Back up the Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Overview of the Nutanix AHV virtual machines recovery process
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the command line for Hypervisor policy
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Appendix B. Protect Nutanix AHV virtual machines with BigData policy
About recovering AHV VMs from the images that are backed up using NetBackup versions 8.1, 8.1.1, or 8.1.2
Use thepolicy to recover images from versions 8.1, 8.1.1, or 8.1.2.
The pre-recovery validations are supported only from the NetBackup Administration Console.
The following pre-recovery validations are not supported for images that are backed up using thepolicy:
Unique or duplicate VM UUID on the AHV cluster
Unique or duplicate MAC address
Network UUID exists on the cluster
Container size validations
However, the validations are done once the
metadata.jsonfile is restored. The
metadata.jsonfile is the second entry in the restore files, hence the validations are slightly delayed.
For the backup images that are taken using NetBackup earlier than 8.2, root disk information was not captured in
metadata.json. If the boot disk is not the first disk, set the first disk using Nutanix Prism and restart the VM.
The VM UUID value in the Restore Wizard because it is not captured for backups done using BigData policy.